This weekend I have gone through the emotions over you and I've come to a lot of hard hitting truths as well. I think I loved you too much. I idolised you. I worshipped you. You couldn't do a single thing wrong in my eyes. I could never see another side to you. I thought you were perfect. But you weren't, were you? You weren't all that? You weren't everything I thought or made you out to be.
I've been so quick to blame myself. That I'm the one that needs to change. I'm the one who has caused all this. I'm the one who is at fault. But it isn't just me. It takes two to tango as they say. Yes, i have things to work on but this isn't solely my fault. Thanks to my aunt and my friends for helping me to highlight this.
You were just never on my side. You didn't support me. You didn't help me. You didn't have my best interests at heart. You didn't put me first. Ever. I came second to everyone. And I accepted that. But I shouldn't have. That's not how relationships work. I always put you first. Always supported you. Always tried to make you feel better. Yet, when it came to me, you always believed it was self inflicted. Every time i complained of a bad tummy, despite having IBS, you just always put it down to stress or worry, even though I'd sit there and tell you that I was happy, without stress, you just wouldn't let me feel unwell. Continue reading “Dear F (5),”
Can I just get a round of high fives as yesterday I hit a couple of realisations and I actually achieved such a change in my train of thought, that a few weeks ago, would have been so different. Amazing what a couple of weeks does for you and a bit of drive, hope and determination.
Yesterday, the weather was shocking here. It was like a true winter's day. It rained all day. It was flooding. It was grey. It was cold. It could have given me so many reasons to recluse within myself a bit and draw back from my positive outlook and go back to my old ways.
Instead, I embraced it! I got soaked on the way to work, but I was smiling. I didn't care. It was such a minor thing, it wasn't going to be permanent and I would dry off the second I got to work.
I walked in with a smile and greeted those around me. I feel I am becoming more approachable. I am dropping that barrier that I used to carry. And it is all thanks to being honest with those around me and being honest with myself.
On Tuesday, I finally opened up to those that I work with. I may have over shared a bit too much, but it helped. I got other opinions, other views, other people's advice which is so different to that of those that I normally surround myself with, such as friends outside of work and my parents.
Continue reading “Progress Update 103”
Today is our anniversary. We were so close to making it. A week off. Instead of being out just toasting a drink to us, being relaxed and happy, I am sat here, regretting my actions so, so much.
A week ago today, I sat there and heard you end it. I couldn’t understand it. Or believe it. I didn’t know where it had come from. I wasn’t expecting it. Only the night before you sat there and said ‘Goodnight, love you’. Even that day you messaged me saying ‘Hey baby’. You put x’s at the end. I didn’t guess anything was up until you said ‘Can I see you tonight? I feel really down 😦 x’. As soon as I read that, you know what my mind jumps to and I immediately thought you were breaking up with me. There was no rhyme or reason as to why I thought this. But it was so out of the blue and you’ve done that before. Why couldn’t you just talk to me. Why couldn’t you have spoken to me on Saturday at the time? Why did you give me such false hope on the Sunday? You woke me up with sex, we had a shower together and you even stressed we needed to look into booking a holiday. What changes in 24 hours? Were your thoughts really that harrowing? Why couldn’t you just speak to me?
Every time we had a dispute you would act okay after. You gave me the impression that all was fine. Why couldn’t you just sit me down and really tell me the truth? The hard hitting truth would have pushed me to change a hell of a lot quicker. Instead you’ve let it build to this. And that hurts. It hurts because I was under the impression that we were in love with each other and we were in it together.
Continue reading “Dear F, (4)”
- The future: Who will be there? Who will I know? Where will I be? Will I have achieved what I hoped to achieve? Will I be happy? Will I be in love?
- Love: Fears of being alone. Fears of being dumped. Understanding what love is. Learning the different kinds of love that people offer. How do I show my love? Do people know I love them? Do others really love me or just put up with me?
- Money: Will I have enough money this month? I want to do this but my money is low. Always ensuring I am never in debt with anyone. Always insisting on paying my way even if I am struggling with money. Have I got enough money to pay for this night out with friends? Will they think me a bore if I decline the invite because of money? Will I ever earn enough to move out? Will I be able to buy my own house one day with the money I earn?
- Those around me: What do they really think? Do they really like me? What are they up to? What goes on in their lives? What don’t I know about them? Do they think I am weird? How much can I trust them? How long with they stay in my life for before they walk away? Is there such thing as true friendship?
- How I’m feeling on the inside: Do I really feel anything? What’s the point in life? What is the goal? Where will I be in 10 years time? Why do I feel the way I do? What am I living for? Am I truly happy? Why am I sad? What is going on in my head? What triggers these lows and highs? Will I ever snap out of this? Will I ever be able to cope with it?
- Privacy: How much should I share with people? Do people really want to know everything because they care or because they are nosy? How much of our lives is private? Do we share too much?
- Food: What’s for dinner? What can I eat? I’m hungry. Food, Food, FOOD!
Day 27: Complete
Not Quite Made Girl
If you want to join in go check out Thebitsandbobsinmybrain blog. The more the merrier!
Well here I am writing you another letter. I suppose I find it easier to express myself to tell you just what is on my mind and the hypothetical worries that I have.
This weekend was my first weekend without in a while. I didn’t expect to find it as hard as I have. It didn’t help that this week I haven’t exactly been in a great place mentally. But spending the whole weekend without seeing you or touching you was hard. There were so many times that I found myself yearning for you and a ‘your’ hugs. Your comfort. Your security. I dreaded a whole weekend in with my parents. It was as I expected. Them bickering most of the weekend over menial stuff and many awkward silences. It was nothing compared to the easiness and comfort of our weekends together at yours with your family. I missed them.
All weekend I have had so many thoughts running through my head. I have been really struggling with them. And I have had no one to turn to for confirmation that everything was okay and will continue to be okay. So I thought I would get them all down in a letter. I chose to write it to you because you’re the one who I want to understand what it is that I feel and fear. What keeps me up. What makes me sad. What hurts me. What makes me behave the way I do at times. Continue reading “Dear F,”
This post is much needed. I have too many thoughts and questions running around my head that I just need to write them down as if I am actually speaking with who it concerns.
Where are we? What are we? What does the future hold and what do I mean to you?
Since the big change of you getting your own place I’ve thought of nothing but where do I stand with you? See I’m not quite sure. I’m not sure what you want from us. What you see me as some of the time.
I’ve sat here and worn my heart on my sleeve. Especially recently. I’ve shared so much with you. I’ve told you about what my blog posts are about. You’ve seen me at my lowest. You’ve heard my biggest fears. And you’ve heard where I want to be in ten years.
Yet I feel I don’t know what you think. Deep down. What you feel and want. Where do you want to be in 10 years? Do you see me by your side?
Continue reading “Where are we? “